No matter what side of the fence the person I’m talking to is, I have seen one thing: we all bring negative energy into our home or live with people who do. Negativity in the home is not only brought on by energy from portals, ghosts and ghouls, ugly weather and powerful solar storms, departed beings, and hexes. Negative energy can also enter by way of our own personal energy.
Let’s face it. Adulting is hard. We all experience job stress, stressful commutes on the road, relationship troubles, sudden catastrophic events, financial hiccups, etc. Sometimes we get stuck in whatever is affecting our moods. I could write an entire blog post on the subject. But even if you’re a spiritual guru, it does not mean your home is exempt or safe from crappy energy. My point is…your home is not safe from it. None of our homes are safe from it.
In order to keep your abode clear of “the crud”, you need to work at it. Ironically, the more spiritual or psychically sensitive you are, the harder you have to work at it. Maybe we attract more towards us, maybe we are just more sensitive to it. Regardless, the work has to be done. While it is not hard work, it is something that needs to be done on an occasional AND as needed basis.
What do I mean by “…occasional AND as needed basis”? The chosen avenue you take in energetically cleansing your home needs to be done on an occasional, or routine, basis. However, sometimes unexpected negative energy pops up, so you will need to be prepared to handle it on an as needed basis as well.
Here are my 5 top ways you can cleanse your space of negative energy:
- Singing bowls- singing bowls are used for the invocation of good spirits and for the banishing of bad spirits and negative energies. They’ve even been used for curing diseases by Tibetan shamans. (Note: I’m NOT suggesting you substitute your family practitioner with a singing bowl!) You can also use bells, chimes, symbols, and tingsha. The note that the item plays is not important. It is, however; important that you find a bowl with a tune that resonates with you. So test them out before you purchase them. Simply run the wooden mallet around the bowl until you intuitively feel the task is done or you feel a positive energy shift in your space. If you don’t have a singing bowl, you can find videos of singing bowls playing and it will have the same effect.
- Sage- Place the sage (loose or stick) in a fireproof dish, unravel some of the string, light the end and blow it out just as you would for incense. Direct the smoke with your hand or a feather around yourself, around the entire perimeter of the space, paying close attention to corners and doorways. It is best to have the windows open so the energies (and smoke) can leave. Do one room at a time. When you’re done, smudge or snuff the sage out. Never leave burning sage unattended and please be mindful of any resident pets. The odor is very strong and offensive to them. It also can cause cats major respiratory upset.
- Salt- sprinkle pinches of Himalayan salt or sea salt in the corners of your space ater a physical cleaning.
- Incense- Follow the same instructions given for Sage.
- Open windows- When you open your windows, you’re letting negative ions into your space. Negative ions clear the air of mold spores, pollen, pet dander, odors, cigarette smoke, bacteria, viruses, dust and other hazardous airborne particles- all things that can add to or create negative energy. So, when you open your windows, you are purifying your space of allergens AND negativity.
You can mix n’ match these suggestions, or you can give your home “the works” and apply them all! You can do these cleanses as you feel guided. However, a good rule of thumb is every time you clean your house physically, you should also clean it energetically. So, once per week should keep “The Oggie Boogies” out of your space.
One more thing….
Of course, crystals are always Mother Nature’s best little helpers in keeping a space energetically vibing! I strongly advise having crystals in your home as an automatic no-brainer. If you’ve ever been crystal shopping, you know what I mean when I refer to the “crystal high” you get when you enter a shop. Some even get it by visiting an online shop…I do!
That crystal high is caused by the hundreds or thousands of crystals all sharing one space. They vibrate at a higher level because tons of people “oooo” and “ahhhh” over them, showering them with tons of love and positivity. Imagine that same “vibe” when you walk into your own abode!
Now, let’s be real…you would have to have a lot of crystals to accomplish that strong of a sensation. And who wants people groping their personal crystals? I know I don’t! One simple way you can use crystals to protect your home is to grid your house with Black Tourmaline. It will protect your home from negative energy and negative people. Simply place one (1) Black Tourmaline at each of the 4 corners of your home. You can either bury them in the ground outside at the corners of the house or property, or you can keep them inside. Place them in a clockwise order, starting at the Western direction (West, North, East, South- in that order) and then do the best you can to sit in the middle of your house or space. Once there, say an affirmation and visualize your home with a protective shield around it. This will program your grid with the job you intend for it.
There you have it! Five easy peezy ways to protect your home from negative energy. Have you ever tried any of these methods of house protection? Were they successful?
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get FREE instant access to my eBook, “How to Create a Sacred Space” and receive my monthly updates on the shop and the crystal healer lifestyle. Subscribe here.